Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Enchanted Forest

The past 8 months have gone by so fast, especially when I get to work with friends. Creating custom designs for people that I enjoy, can't really be called work, can it?
Sample Fitting

Cara and I met while I worked in the corporate world, I remember telling her what I do and we talked about the possibility of me designing her dress when the time would come. I left my corporate job in April 2016 and 2 months later Cara reached out to see if I was available to make her dream dress. The catch... we had less the 4 months to make it, needless to say I was already overbooked! 

Excited at the design idea and to work with a friend, I said yes! I immediately got Cara in the book for our consultation and started fabric shopping. Cara requested a dotted-swiss fabric, which she didn't know until the sample fitting, that the fabric she choose was the exact fabric her mother had for her wedding dress. I love when this happens! 

Working with Cara was an absolute dream. She is down to earth and totally gets my goofy humor. 

Our other old co-worker and friend Stephanie from Philter Photography shot the wedding. Stephanie captured the essence of Cara's magical day which looked something like an enchanted forest. The nuptials took place in the woods of her childhood home. This is such a unique idea. The images are absolutely stunning and Cara is breath-taking. You can see the love between Cara and Matt. A love like theirs undeniable.

I had so much fun working with you Cara. 
Thank You for allowing me to be apart of your beautiful day. xo Sheila

Philter Photo
Philter Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment