Thursday, June 8, 2017

All that Sass

Let's talk about Maureen. This lady contacted me when I was still working out of my home studio. I posted  a profile on wedding.com which is similar to wedding wire and the knot, as a vendor seeking custom clients. I was still building my business and she booked me well in advance, a year in advance! It was pretty cool that she had faith in me just seeing my online profile.

Maureen was one of my very first out of town clients. This was exciting to me as a small business owner because the company name was reaching furtherer then I would have imagined in just 1 year of being a custom designer.

At our first appointment I knew she was going to be fun. She brought with her a few friends to join her in the process. They had me laughing the entire time.

We started with one design, and must have changed it a million times. She then spotted the Katrina Dress, from my SS2016 Collection that was in the window. She fell in love with the modern lace design and wanted to incorporate it into her dress. And of course I had to put the dress on her!! She loved the high waist full skirt with train. Did I mention we were supposed to be making a short beachy dress?

That is the beauty of customizing a dress. Sometimes the design will change between appointments because we have new and exciting ideas that look even better then what we planned at the original consultation.

We agreed on this beautiful cross over front empire style bodice with a deep v back. The high waist of the skirt accentuated her figure and we added a thigh high slit on the front princess seam.

Maureen even swung by the showroom when she was in the area just to surprise me with coffee. A client turned friend, how great is that! Thank you Maureen for allowing me to be apart of your day :) xo Sheila



No comments:

Post a Comment